Monday 28 January 2013

DAY 3 of Treatment


 (PHOTOS are taken on Kovalam beach where the fishermen bring in the nets everyday and the women carry them on their heads to their destinations, eg the local restaurants on the boardwalk - its beautiful to get such fresh seafood straight from the ocean and it always draws an excited crowd)


Well they always say it gets worse before it gets better.  Not my “normal” body pain though thankfully, that is improving little by little every day.  Especially the gigantic knot that has been behind my right shoulder blade for at least 10-15 years.  So very many therapists have not been able to budge this knot and I/we have tried. 

I was amazed that this is the first part of my body that has released first and it’s encouraging.  Unfortunately because of my sensitive system I’m having some effects from the medicines and experiencing extreme gas pain in the top of my stomach and even up into my chest.  I have to burb to release the pain constantly. It’s just gas and not smelly thankfully, but again, I know its because of my sensitive system that I react strongly to all treatment and medicines – both negatively and positively.


The medicines I am having are as follows:
·         In the morning 1 hour before I eat I have 4 caps full of Varadi Kashayam (Used for weight loss).

·         Then after breakfast and dinner a spoon full of the black as tar Dasamoolahareethaki Leham – it’s not as lethal as it sounds and people who like spice will love it.

·         Then at night before sleep I take Dr George’s own brand, AyurGe Detox Powder which is one teaspoon in water and definitely doing the trick because by the morning there are no problems in the #2 department if you know what I mean.

On the AyurGe Detox packet it has a long list of herbs you can look up and says it “improves digestion, relieves constipation, liver detoxification, good for eyes” 

I’m also now taking at night a teaspoon of Chyavanaprasam.  This is the miracle black gold.  Dr George says this is what children from a young age take in Kerala and it gives you a strong immunity and strength.  And quite frankly, it appears to have worked, the kids here are so active, running about playing, working hard with their parents and studying hard.

My 12 year old niece Febi is studying Malayalam, Hindi and English and is so bright and active and voluntarily pulled out her school assignment last night to complete – and it was a Friday night!!!  Sure she has taken to playing Angry Birds on my phone but it only lasts a few minutes and would prefer to be running around playing with my nearly 4 year old boy.  It’s divine to see.

My stomach pain abates late into the night finally and I only eat light which is great.  Im actually not hungry and just eating fruit and light curry or tea and toast.  I like not being hungry it’s so convenient and time saving hahahah.