Tuesday 22 January 2013

Day 1 of treatment in the am:

if your like me & u like to be "in control" and have some sense of order, then these early days in India can often be a little frustrating & disempowering.

Truly it's just the early days of adjustment, & I realise that I need to go thru this to adjust to the indian me, to down scale, to simplify. the kovalam lifestyle is butting up against the western me. The one who has fought to have most things around me just the way i like it. my need to have everything done & sorted, have my comforts especially my technology (mobile & Internet) & food I like, to b sorted, but it's essential to realise ASAP that it's just not possible in the same time frame as I'm used to, if u don't figure this out ASAP then life will head but u back.

My previous Bowen Therapist said that pain down the right side especially back & legs is a typical affliction of single mums & is an indication of trying to control yr life too much.

This reminds me to do my morning mantra. "I am willing to place my complete trust in the universe that it will take care of me"

My 9am ph reminder to say this to myself must be set to a different time. See I need a reminder to trust the universe. I know it works, I find it important to note to self that no matter how centred I'm feeling, or how unbalanced, for that matter, that I NEED to take a moment daily to say this, to sit in this thought, to remind my cellular body of this. I think it's human to forget.

We all "know it" but I think many people just forget. It's the practical side of me to set myself a reminder.

Gotta get prepared for 1st treatment. Preparation involves putting on a pair of undies that I won't want to wear again as the quantity of herbal medicated oil that's used in the massage is way way beyond what u get with "normal" massage. It's one of the secrets of ayurveda massage and is magic. I will b given a Lungi to wear - 2 metres of cotton fabric so when it's tied up u look like any oily Grecian goddess. I can't wait.

(Photo of my beautiful sister-in-law Judit who I found out later was actually saying prayers for me & our little family when I hugged her to comfort her as she cried through her prayers - the level of poverty they live at is quite shocking for me. The level of love they express is equally as startling. I feel blessed to have an Indian family).

Watson immediately fell in love with his cousin Febi who is 12 years old and a little piece of heaven.