Saturday 26 January 2013

Day 2 of Treatment - Meditation techniques


Yesterday with my first treatment, it was also more of a battle of the mind.  How can I be in my body and really experience this healing treatment and shut off the chitter chatter. I felt grateful to be a meditation teacher and to have lots of tricks up my sleeve.  I tried them all and I think it was the combination of them that worked.  But it was hard work and I hope today will be easier.

My favourite meditation technique is the focus your attention on the back of your brain meditation.  Its where you imagine what your brain looks like, your hair, your neck, it’s so easy you can even do it for just 30 seconds at any time and it will change your focus especially if you are experiencing stress.  I like it because it’s a reminder that we are the ones in control of our brain.  It’s designed to take the focus away from  your frontal lobe which is where you mind runs around with your to-do lists, etc etc, etc.

I also try the Chakra re-energising meditation where you visualise different coloured flowers or gemstones at the 7 different Chakra points of your body, starting with the root Chakra – just don’t forget to close them down by coming back down from the crown chakra and visualising a golden light at each chakra point coming back down to your root chakra at the base of your spine. 

As you probably know that scientific research into meditation has proven that it will increase the production in your brain of many vital neuro-chemicals, which will slow down ageing and enhance your ability to fight illness.

·   It will also dramatically reduce any stress and help you to overcome any anxiety and depression.
·   Meditation creates remarkable emotional changes and will enhance your emotional health.
·   By meditating you will also heighten your creativity and problem solving abilities.
·   You will experience more restful sleep and it will increase your motivation and confidence.
·   Meditation is known to boost your intelligence and enhance your memory.
·   And it will help you to increase your focus, concentration and learning ability.
And overall by meditating you will experience more happiness and "flow" in your life.

You can check out www.brightlife.me for more information on my Meditation For Busy Minds CD.

(PHOTO: I attended Catholic Church with my family - it was so lovely and I got many sweet comments on my Sari.  I love it here how they really embrace you wearing their local dress)